- Muval sees around 66% of its move requests come in the 6 months October – March
- With November one of the busiest months for removalist enquiries, Muval has pinpointed December 16 and January 23 as the biggest moving days on the removalist calendar as Australians aim to settle into their new home before Christmas or before school starts.
“Right across Australia we’re seeing rents, rates, power bills and general cost of living rising rapidly and this is causing many to re-evaluate where they live. We know that cost of living increases are already behind a substantial number of moves and this is only going to grow as we head into the new year and the full impact of rate rises hits home. While January is traditionally our biggest month, we’re expecting January, February and March to be much bigger than usual, particularly as we start to see landlords passing rate rises onto renters as their leases come to an end,” Muval CEO James Morrell said.
Some overarching moving trends for 2022:
- Perth continues to see net positive migration gain with growth in enquiry to move there as well as declining demand to move out
- Perth is at its highest level of demand on the Muval platform, now reaching over 20% share of total inbound move enquiries
- Driven by Sydney & Melbourne to Perth growing over LY albeit Brisbane to Perth showing a small decline vs LY
- Adelaide has now seen 4 months in a row of net negative migration after starting to drop from April 22 onwards
- Driven by declining interest for inbound moves originating from Melbourne, Sydney & Brisbane
Melbourne is still the number 1 location in Australia to move to in terms of volume on our platform
Sydney continues to top the number 1 location to move out and is ranking only 4th as most desirable place to look to move to with 15% of inbound enquiry.